My boys don’t have school tomorrow. Jake is ecstatic. In fact, he did his happy dance and called me the best mom ever when I reminded him today. I didn’t have a darn thing to do with it, but hey, I will take some credit!
While a part of me is looking forward to the relaxing (so to speak) morning that this day off provides, the other part is somewhat dreading it. We aren’t that far from Winter Break. This means that “we” are fresh out of ideas for things to do…and kind of out of money for anything major, either. I have been wracking my brain…and have come up with the following plan to get us through..
1. I will let Jake and Tate sleep in the basement tonight. This means an extra show on demand, some popcorn, a few sour gummies, lemonade, and pulling out the futon. They love this ritual.
2. We’ll have cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and the boys can stay in their pj’s for a few extra hours. PLUS they get to watch an extra tv show in the morning, too.
3. We will build new structures with the lego buckets, and read some books that are “new to us” from the library. We will get Culver’s for lunch.
4. Jake and Cole get to traipse about Target with me while Tate goes to his PT and Speech in the afternoon. I *may* even let them get something from the dollar bins. I know, I know, big spender here…but see above for “almost out of money” reference.
5. We are going to make pizza for dinner…got tons of fun fixings today.
Supposedly we are getting hit by snow tomorrow. The meteorologists around here are salivating with the prospects of 4-8 inches…we shall see. I just really hope it doesn’t make the trek to therapy a pain in the butt. This being said, we may play in the snow for a bit.
On Saturday, Jake and Hubz are going to a hockey game with Hubz’s dad. It’s part of an outing that Jake’s Cub Scout Pack is doing. While they do that, I think Tate, Cole and I will hunker down at home with some Imagination Movers and a few rousing games of Candyland!
Sunday brings Mass, Tate’s Sunday School, possible dinner with my family, and Jake’s 3rd lacrosse skills class. Oh, and my countless loads of laundry. Whoo-frickin-hoo.
This is just a rough plan. I hope it all works out. Stay tuned for an update..