We were on the go for much of this weekend. I am exhausted. I figured I could provide the highlights…
1. We survived the Walk for Autism Speaks event! It was chilly, damp, drizzly, and gray, but we did it. Tate managed thanks to our phones (and Playdoh commercials) and big puddles that we allowed him to jump in during the walk. Heaven!
2. The teams of volunteers who put on the walk did a great job. Just a little confused by the really loud bands. It’s telling when many of the walkers are wearing sound-reducing headphones, are covering their ears, and are complaining about the noise. Wayyyy too much sensory overload.
3. After a rough transition into the restaurant for lunch, Tate noshed on a grilled cheese & french fries while watching Mario Brothers clips on youtube. He was quiet and happy. Cole, on the other hand, was “this close” to being sold to the gypsies. No nap + no routine = hell to pay
4. We played outside with the neighbor kids..and our boys, despite the day that was so not typical or routine, were able to hold it together and enjoyed their friends. When children started to meltdown around “that time”, it was not our 3 boys.
5. I got some beautiful handmade cards and gifts on Mothers’ Day. Jake was incredibly proud of the keychain he designed. Tate proudly showed off the milk-carton planter he created. Hubz got me a charm for my Pandora bracelet and a new lens for the camera.
6. Tate was a rockstar during Jake’s lacrosse tournament. He played well, watched Jake, and was well-behaved. Cole, well, he was a typical almost-three-year-old. At least he didn’t spill anything or make it out onto the field. 🙂
7. I visited my mom’s grave site. It was sunny, warm, and a perfect afternoon. She would have been relishing it…I was glad to have some quiet time to talk to her in my heart…and to smile about some of my favorite memories. The 2nd Mothers’ Day without her was much harder than the first…sigh
8. Hubz made me a delicious dinner of grilled veggies and shrimp. Mm! I am spoiled.
9. Hubz cleaned up after the boys’ destruction of the basement, so I didn’t have to do that this morning. He then gave me a nice back rub as we watched Game of Thrones. Best. Hubby. Ever.
10. I got to spend time with the 4 guys who make my world go round…and that couldn’t have been more perfect.
Lowlights of the weekend:
– Cole’s ears apparently don’t work. I hate it when he doesn’t listen!
– Missed my mom–a lot.
– Tate woke up at 1:30 am today…and was up on and off the rest of the wee hours of the morning. The bags under my eyes could hold hundreds of dollars worth groceries. Ughhhh.